Jul 4, 2008

rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb


It even feels funny when you type it over and over.

A dear friend of ours gave us half a rhubarb crown and some starts from her gooseberry bushes yesterday. Yay. I like rhubarb and gooseberries.
Gooseberries

So they are nestled into their beds, well mulched with leaf-litter scavenged from the road-gutter outside our house (it blocks with fallen leaves quite frequently, which then turn into lovely black compost quite quickly).

I'm feeling like quite the gardener.

We've got a full-on weekend coming up. Two of my brothers had a birthday this week (on the same day, but 21 years apart), so we've got a get-together at Dad's tomorrow night, and we're looking after a friend's wee boy for a couple of hours tomorrow, and a sister of mine is coming to town on Sunday with her partner, so we'll try and catch up with them too, as well as church of course.

And I've got a bag of carrots to blanche and freeze, and a big bag of pears to sort through and maybe stew up. And a bag of apples too. (Merl got some bulk organic fruit through his work somehow).

But what I really want to do right now is curl up on the couch with a hot chocolate and do some knitting. So I think I'll leave the cooking and cleaning for another day...

No comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home