Aug 15, 2008

Nearly back in form

After a week with this flu I feel nearly back in charge of things. The kitchen was mostly redeemed yesterday - even the range was given a good scrub...even the silver bits under the ring elements! The kitchen floor is still in sad need of a mopping, and I don't quite recall the last time I vacuumed, but the dining table is cleared and the kitchen bench is clear, so I don't feel like I'm drowning in filth anymore.

Which is nice.

The last few days I've been reading Miss4 a bunch of library books about "going to the hospital". She has her grommets put in and her tonsils and adenoids taken out on Tuesday. So my croaky laryngitis voice has been getting a mighty work-out reading her stories about the whole process. Reading story books is hard going when you have to stop with nearly every breath and cough your lungs up :)

My head isn't quite back in its proper space yet, though. But we're nearly there!

No comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home